Another Timbre TimHarrisonbre
Choi Joonyong - Architectural Model Making
The room is divided into quarters: the length of the recording space.
Each player is assigned a number from 1 - 4 (these are the numbers shown on the left side of square blocks on the score).
Each square on the score indicates one step per minute by each player.
Instrument: an electric fan for each player.
1. place a microphone in the centre
2. players stand in four directions (north, south, east, west) with a fan each (turned off)
3. players take a number of steps backwards from the microphone according to the number of squares they are assigned in the score.
(player 1: 4 steps, player 2: 8 steps, player 3: 12 steps, player 4: 16 steps)
1. [start] players turn on their fans.
2. [1min. ~ 16min.] players take one step forward to the microphone at the start of each minute as per the number indicated on the squares.
3. [end] when players have taken the number of steps they were assigned they turn off the fan immediately and just stand still until player 4's fan is turned off.
※ mistake: dynamics assigned to number 1~4 were changed between number 1~2 and 3~4.
※ sound from drain was unintentionally recorded at the end.
players: Hong Chulki, Lee Miyeon, Choi Sehee, Choi Joonyong
2014/10/28 at Mullae Art Factory, Seoul
Play track or watch film of recording
Still from the video recording of Choi Joonyong’s realisation